Community

Natsume's Community Forums  

Go Back   Natsume's Community Forums > Natsume > Feedback & Forum Support

Old 02-23-2017, 06:00 AM   #11
SakuraMota
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to SakuraMota

I would rather have SNES on 3DS, since it has that capability. *hinthintnudgenudgeCeeCeeplz*

SakuMo Plays Stuff
3DS FC: 5112-3585-0203
SakuMo Makes Stuff
SakuraMota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 AM   #12
irulethegalaxy
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraMota View Post
I would rather have SNES on 3DS, since it has that capability. *hinthintnudgenudgeCeeCeeplz*

We're supposed to get more "surprise releases" this year for the anniversary....*crosses fingers*. HMSNES is one I hope we are getting; I actually have funds set aside on my consoles for it already. Though HM64 was NOT in my budget plan, so now I am hoping for a Best Buy sale on eshop cards again LOL.

Still hoping for the SOM critters in STV too.
irulethegalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 09:58 AM   #13
irulethegalaxy
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Cup View Post
Dude I had literally just bought a kit to repair my cartridge so that I could play it again, and then this news happens. It's crazy hilarious.
The cart prices will probably drop, but not so low as to not make repairing your cart still worth it!

(Quote from DatYanteregirl, too lazy to do it properly LOL):

>>But in a way I do wish it woulda ended up on the 3DS and Wii U both. Haha, oh well. <<

I would have loved this too, but to put it on the 3DS would have required a full rework of the game, basically rewriting all the code. While Natsume has the rights to publish this game in the US and EU, I doubt they have the rights to actually remake the game and publish it anew. And as usual, even if they did have the rights to do so, it would take away from the games THEY make, as well as the other niche titles they localize, like Wild Arms and RCR. Getting HM 64 up and running on a modern console is an unlooked for small miracle; I'll take what I can get LOL

And hey...if they've got it up and running on WiiU, there's hope for it on Switch VC when/if such a thing comes around.
irulethegalaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 02:49 PM   #14
SakuraMota
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to SakuraMota

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulethegalaxy View Post
We're supposed to get more "surprise releases" this year for the anniversary....*crosses fingers*. HMSNES is one I hope we are getting; I actually have funds set aside on my consoles for it already. Though HM64 was NOT in my budget plan, so now I am hoping for a Best Buy sale on eshop cards again LOL.

Still hoping for the SOM critters in STV too.
Yeah, I decided I can't splurge for 64 today because of the Switch next week. Which sucks, because I really try to support Natsume releases asap. :c I haven't double-dipped for SNES titles on my 3DS that much (just EarthBound and A Link to the Past), but I definitely would for SNES, because I adore it. I hope Switch's VC transfers from Wii U.

I do need the bobcat as a pet. :O

SakuMo Plays Stuff
3DS FC: 5112-3585-0203
SakuMo Makes Stuff
SakuraMota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:52 AM   #15
SanePsychoSuperGoddess
Senior Farmer

Send a message via Skype™ to SanePsychoSuperGoddess

Happy to see that the issues preventing this from releasing again were resolved. Extremely hopeful it'll come to Switch VC (yes, I'm aware that nothing can be said in those regards as of yet since Nintendo wants to keep VC stuff hush hush until they're ready to announce it, but still hoping). I'll definitely be keeping an eye out and crossing my fingers.

3DS Friend Code: 4811-6953-3615, Add me on Steam!
SanePsychoSuperGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 08:07 AM   #16
mockingbird
Senior Farmer

Wait, I just saw this.

asfslkfjslfjsafdlskf yes!!

Can honestly say I did not see this coming, after years of being assured it was literally impossible to release and would never, ever, happen. Ever.

I don't doubt that it took some effort, but I always suspected there was some exaggeration as to how impossible it was. Don't care, though, just glad to see it out. Thanks to everyone who worked to make it possible.

Guess my sister is probably going to end up with our 64 console long term, so I should be looking at getting this once I figure out where I'm heading after graduation.
mockingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:54 AM   #17
GrapeApe
Junior Farmer

Harvest Moon 64 is my favorite farming game. Played this a lot on the N64. I just wish Nintendo would offer enhancements like emulators do, which help make the game look nicer. I would love to see HM64 redone with updated graphics for the PC/Nintendo. Still looking retro but cleaner graphics. Anyway, a must have for the Wii U.
GrapeApe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:06 AM   #18
ChaosAzeroth
Junior Farmer

Honestly I think it stands up surprisingly well, though some of the bg is blurry and the grass is magical. Still, it's aged better than most any 64 game I can think of.

That being said I see your point, don't get me wrong. Generally it's common for a 2nd release to be HD or something. Given the issues getting it in the first place and resources needed to do so I'm not sure that's feasible fully.
ChaosAzeroth is online now   Reply With Quote