Community

Natsume's Community Forums  

Go Back   Natsume's Community Forums > Natsume > General

Old 08-02-2017, 07:24 AM   #1
SakuraMota
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to SakuraMota
Default So long, and thanks for all the Turnips (Bye-bye, Nats Forums)

Our lovely little forum is singing its swan song. On September 1st, the forum is closing, so I thought it appropriate to post a little something.

I joined in 2010, shortly after the forum went up, iirc. I was pretty active on GaiaOnline and its Harvest Moon and Pokemon scene. I also posted/lurked on UnoT's forums as well. When word came of the Nats forums, I lept at the opportunity. I was 23 then, a young mom of a 1 year old. Hero of Leaf Valley for PSP was incoming at the time, and I remember posting a lot in that forum. We all scrambled to get a complete event list for all the endings, since no guides had been written at that point. It was a fun time.

I think what I'll miss most of all about the Nats forums is the people I've met. I've made some great friends here, and we've had lots of laughs. It's been an honor to chat with you guys and to serve as a moderator here. I'm grateful for all the times we've shared.

If anyone wants to stay in touch, you can hit me up on Tumblr (link in sig) or Twitter (I'll link it here when I'm not on mobile). Heck, I'll even add some of you on Facebook if you shoot me a PM.

Most of all, I just want to say thank-you. Thank-you to the friends I've made, and thank-you to Natsume, who gave me a place to make friends. I'll always remember our little cheery corner of the internet.

With much love,
SakuMo

SakuMo Plays Stuff
3DS FC: 5112-3585-0203
SakuMo Makes Stuff
SakuraMota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 02:10 AM   #2
Spitfyre
The Sixth Hokage

I saw this thread and immediately felt such a sad, sinking feeling in my chest.

I joined the forums in 2012, when i was in the 8th grade. I don't even remember why i joined (i think it might have been for HM: Animal Parade), but the people I've come to know and cherish are definitely what I'll miss most. We've all had so much fun here and I'm going to miss it all.

I want to thank you all for being my friends over these past years. For such a long time, i was the youngest active member on the forums. In a sense, you watched me grow from an annoying little kid to someone well on their way to being a responsible adult, and I'm so grateful for each and every one of you. As i said, i joined in 2012, in the 8th grade- now im in college, still with a lot of growing up to do, starting a long journey to make my life the best possible life i can live, and despite never knowing you all in person, you've still had such a big impact and influence on my life.

Thank you so much to everyone here. You all made the forum life such a fun experience, and I'll miss the Natsume family together. PM me if you'd like to stay in touch so i can tell you where it's best to contact me!

Love always,
The Forum Baby (Spitfyre)
xoxo
Old 08-08-2017, 09:35 AM   #3
Light Wave Magi
Lastation's CPU Knight

I can't believe the forums are closing, but I suppose it was inevitable because of the inactivity of late. Still, I'm really sad to see the forums go.

I myself joined a little over six years ago (can't believe it's been that long already) because of my growing (and still growing xD) love for Harvest Moon and Rune Factory. I had no idea the people I would meet, the friends I'd make, nor how each and every one of them would help to shape my life over the coming years since 2011. We've all had our good times and our bad here, but the memories I've made are irreplaceable. I will miss each and every one of you that I know (including those I know who are no longer active). I wish you well with all you do in life and will remember my time here fondly.

Fyre has the right idea. xD If anyone (you included Fyre) would like to still keep in touch after the forums close, send me a PM and I will let you know where you can find me.

Light Wave Magi
aka 'Light'

(I believe it was Pony and Fyre who eventually gave me that nickname.)

I am Lastation's CPU Knight. Guardian of the landmass and protector of Noire/Lady Black Heart!
Light Wave Magi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:16 AM   #4
kgumasa
Senior Farmer

Location: Walking the path of the moon to swim in the sky of light

Woah! That's crazy, I know I've been gone forever and day...but you really think these things will last...It was such a nice place, when I was active here it was a home away from home, especially since this is another place that have me creative fuel and let me gush with others who loved the same things I did....That was a significant thing for me, it is truly sad to see it and all of the people who made it what it is go.

The memories alone of this place are enough to make you smile and feel that tug, it really is something to see this place go, and again though I haven't been on much, the years that I spent here were some memorable ones!!! I mean I started rping here! And my drawings took some serious growth here....Plus the people here were and are some of the nicest souls on the internet, I'll always remember and cherish you guys!!!

Thank you so much for the ups and down , and all around awesome times!

Sincerely, Kgumasa~❤️
Old 08-09-2017, 09:54 PM   #5
ChaosAzeroth
Junior Farmer

Anyone know why?
((It's not like there's somewhere else to talk about Natsume games that people aren't nasty about it...))
ChaosAzeroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 08:44 AM   #6
SakuraMota
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAzeroth View Post
Anyone know why?
((It's not like there's somewhere else to talk about Natsume games that people aren't nasty about it...))
CeeCee has said because the forums were originally created as a way to communicate with fans, but they use social media for that now.

I agree with your sentiment, though. Other farming boards have been very negative about the Nats HM games, which I dislike. Some of us actually like HM along with the "real Harvest Moon game" SoS (*intense eyeroll*). This forum was one of the few places I could have discussion about TLV, SoM, and STV without getting nasty feedback. I'm not opposed to criticism (I give it when it's due), but some people are far less constructive and more just bashing just for the sake of doing it, which contributes nothing.

SakuMo Plays Stuff
SakuMo Makes Stuff
Old 08-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #7
Peony
Junior Farmer

I think I'm a newer member here, joining in 2014 when Natsume's first home-grown mainline Harvest Moon game, The Lost Valley, was announced. There aren't any enough forums that talk about Natsume's Harvest Moon games such as The Lost Valley and Skytree Village (also the other Natsume games such as Hometown Story and A-Train) without the vitriol and the extreme toxicity of the BokuMono fandom besides this forum, so I'm really sad to see this forum go. Now I don't know where I should post my appreciation in Natsume's Harvest Moon games, since I genuinely like them and I see potential in them.
Peony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:04 AM   #8
ayriel123
Junior Farmer

I agree with what others have said. I enjoy Natsume's HM games and this is the only place to really talk about them without getting a lot of the rudeness. Sad to see it go.

Last edited by ayriel123; 08-13-2017 at 02:45 PM.
ayriel123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 09:53 AM   #9
SakuraMota
Super Moderator

Maybe we all need to find a forum to spread our positivity. :c

SakuMo Plays Stuff
SakuMo Makes Stuff
Old 08-14-2017, 09:25 PM   #10
ChaosAzeroth
Junior Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakuraMota View Post
Maybe we all need to find a forum to spread our positivity. :c
Hey if you can think of one let me know?
ChaosAzeroth is offline   Reply With Quote