Community

Natsume's Community Forums  

Go Back   Natsume's Community Forums > Natsume > Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2015, 08:19 AM   #11
CeeCee
Natsume Community Manager

We know not everyone is a fan of Steam (I use it when needed, but my library is miniscule), so we are looking into some DRM-free alternatives. Nothing confirmed at this time besides Steam however.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:52 PM   #12
bpsilvia
Junior Farmer

GOG.com, please.
Old 08-06-2015, 02:09 AM   #13
Mrfunnyface
Junior Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeCee View Post
Natsume Inc., a worldwide developer and publisher of family-oriented video games, today reveals the next title in the Harvest Moon series, Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories. This is the first Harvest Moon that will be on the Nintendo Wii U, as well as the first Harvest Moon ever on the PC. In addition, the title will also be the first mainline Harvest Moon title on both iOS and Android.

Go back to the roots of Harvest Moon in the latest installment of the series! Inspired by the old-school gameplay of the very first games, Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories will bring players a sense of nostalgia, along with exciting gameplay twists.

Tasked with the job of revitalizing a farm, players will need to befriend the villagers in town to unlock the titular Seeds of Memories! Seeds can be unlocked in many ways, such as giving a villager their favorite item, catching a giant fish, or by raising their first cow. Players will need to be up to the challenge of collecting all of the Seeds of Memories!

Old favorites return in the animal department with cows, sheep, and chickens, along with a horse to ride, and a dog to keep as a pet! Farmers will also have a new pet to take care of, but it isn’t what they'd expect… It’s a bobcat! The bobcat starts out wild, but as players befriend the animal, can they convince the bobcat to become their loyal friend?

Featuring cooking, fishing, foraging, and mining, players will need to upgrade their tools to find the highest-quality items. Players will also be able to participate in contests and festivals like the Cooking Contest and Starry Night Festival! Woo one of the ten marriage candidates – 5 bachelors and 5 bachelorettes – and find that special someone to make their farming life complete!

Keep watching before, during, and after E3 for more news (and yes, expect a Q&A thread much like TLV had likely starting in late July/early August)
Is there any chance this will come to the ps vita?
Old 08-06-2015, 08:37 AM   #14
CeeCee
Natsume Community Manager

No. The systems are set.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:15 PM   #15
VirtuaroidPilot
Junior Farmer

Cool

A bobcat eh? I know what I'm naming him... What could POSSIBLY go wrong?
Old 12-18-2015, 03:04 AM   #16
Mrfunnyface
Junior Farmer

I just watched gameplay of the ios version and wow, it looks terrible. Natusme are really intent on destroying the Harvest moon name aren't they? Its totally lost that look and feel of a Harvest moon game and has become a rubbish looking browser title.
Old 12-22-2015, 05:21 AM   #17
ladydias
Junior Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrfunnyface View Post
I just watched gameplay of the ios version and wow, it looks terrible. Natusme are really intent on destroying the Harvest moon name aren't they? Its totally lost that look and feel of a Harvest moon game and has become a rubbish looking browser title.
It looks about the same level of terrible graphics as all 3DS games have. Not that big a deal. Can't believe people are still fussing over Natsume and Harvest Moon and especially over a game that isn't even complete. The graphics for the Lost Valley were meh at first and improved quite a bit by the game was actually released (subjective opinions about the character art-style aside). The nice thing about it is that no one is obligated to buy something they don't like.

As for the feel of a Harvest Moon game, I don't see how that was lost. They are putting in pretty much everything that people asked for after TLV and making a version that works on mobile, which was also a request of fans. Melodrama is not constructive feedback.

Last edited by ladydias; 12-22-2015 at 05:23 AM.
Old 07-16-2016, 10:09 PM   #18
GrapeApe
Junior Farmer

I've been waiting for a PC or OS X version for years now. I think I made a request some time ago. Glad to see it finally coming to PC! Hope to see a DRM free version on GOG or Humble Bundle. I don't care for Steam. My kids have Steam and sometimes they can not even login or get the app going, in order to play games they have purchased from there.
Old 10-12-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
GrapeApe
Junior Farmer

Any update on the PC version? Screenshots? Release date?

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2017, 04:32 AM   #20
GrapeApe
Junior Farmer

Is the PC version dead? No updates on its progress or anything.
Closed Thread